Thread: Good Morning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Welcome to the Guild Michael, and yes, your are in good company here. Great job on your first map by the way.

Cheers,

-Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Most definitely a good showing for a first posted map!

It is time to blow the dust off of my badge. One of the things about river that need to be kept in mind is that they do not flow over hills and up mountain slopes. They will always (with very few noted exceptions) flow down hill by the easiest route. I will not get into those exceptions, but the use of "Magic" is really the only way to prevent the water heading down in a fantasy setting. BIG magic at that. Your call, but if using that card, be prepared for people to question it.

OK, on the cases:
    Northern half of mountain range at bottom left: the landward end seems to sit ON the slope instead of going to the lowland

The eastern river of the large island in the south curls UP the slope before heading back down

The eastern river of the northern continent looks to go around a hill/low mountain and then over a hill before emptying into the sea.

These are quite minor to the eye, as this is quite a nice map, but I thought I should let you know.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Hi.....,

Nice job on your first try.