Thread: Town Raster Map & Super Zoom With FM8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Hey thats cool and is similar to my app. As far as I know your the only other app that can do this with an RPG mapping slant on things. Celestia & Worldwind seem close but with less editing features. Google and some other apps can do this with premade tiles but I think your still holding all of your parts in the original res right ? MapTool seems to do this as well but it seems to me that they hold the whole map in memory at once which is probably fine for what they want out of their app but is not quite the same.

So can you now put this city into a region and have several different cities like this and keep on going out with FM8 ? If so then you should put the Ansium tiles (our CWBP world map) into FM8 format. Theres a link in my sig to all the places and a tile overview.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    So can you now put this city into a region and have several different cities like this and keep on going out with FM8 ?
    Apologies. English is my native tongue, but I've mostly been speaking and thinking German for the last 29years. Maybe I'm losing touch with the language. I've tangled with this question a couple of times now, but I can't figure out what you're asking me. The problem part is and keep on going out with FM8 ? No matter what I do with that part of it, I can't get it to convey any particular meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    If so then you should put the Ansium tiles (our CWBP world map) into FM8 format. Theres a link in my sig to all the places and a tile overview.
    I've clicked your CWBP Place Index link (and the other links in your signature) but I found nothing that tells me 1) what Ansium tiles are or 2) how to add anything to the project. A CG forum site search also didn't get me anywhere.

I wasn't aware there was a CWBP until I read your posting, so any illuminating information would be welcome.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project