• Mearrin69 - The Tomn of Le Wushi

0 0%
  • Mrrkyl - U-Turn Challenge

6 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** Feb 2010 Challenge Voting - OPDC***

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Sorry about that mearrin, I hadn't read your withdrawal before putting up the voting. I'll see what I can do about putting a tag in for ya. Did that, looks ok.
    Last edited by Ascension; 02-27-2010 at 05:16 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

my first time in one of these contests. Thanks to all of the feedback. Great looking maps everyone has.

Marc
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

Looks like he's going to go four in a row. Another first. We need the Unreal Tournament announcer, "UNSTOPPABLE!"
    M

Woot, wooden spoon number 2... :S. Always confidence inspiring
    Oh well...
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Blog Entries

I thought it was great too but some of the detail was so small I couldn't see how it would print. And not being a modern / Cthulu player I couldn't get gripped by the adventure. But the map rendering, the font, border and splats were all done superbly. Its a top map with top marks for the technical and art but for me just not in this challenges requirements context. The thing is that the other compo seems to have many more Cthulu types so I think it will do better. It would not surprise me at all if the chosen map winners in the two compos are of very different styles.

I went with Immolates because it has great variety of encounters and it looks like it would be a lot of fun to play it. It was not so well rendered and Immolate has said about that but my vote was swayed by the challenge more than the map this time. I went with Robs second cos it looked well designed and rendered and done on inkscape it was clear and looked like it would print well.

As usual we all need about half a dozen votes....

This was a difficult contest to vote on since content needed to be considered as well as aesthetics. All of the entries were visually appealing in floor plan, layout and atmosphere but some of the encounter keys weren't as inspired. My votes went to the two in which inspiring content and visual appeal came together to present a complete package: The Sanitorium Creekfield (Davros01) and Mine! Not Yours! (RobA). Of all the entries, "The Tomb of Le Wushi" (mearrin69) was the one I most looked forward to seeing complete. If it continued the way it was going, it would have gotten my vote. The Bone Harvest Horror (Immolate) was incredibly ambitious and almost got my vote just for that.

My votes went to Djekspek and Immolate. Having had subscriptions to Dragon Magazine and Dungeon Magazine in the past, I was familiar with One Page dungeons, and viewed all entries as the DM in me would. Does it look Interesting (both to me and my players) Is I all 'there' (concept, encounters, etc).

Other entries were cool, but lacked the quickie adventure feel.

Good Job All!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Journeyer

I voted for DJ and Jugg. The rotating tomb just looks like so much fun to run. Though I could see needing to cut out the map so that I could rotate it and keep track of the current configuration. The power of Cthulhu compelled me to vote for Jugg's entry.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast