After being inspired by LonewandererD attempt at a city. I have decided to have a go at a large city for our Westafall Capital "New Port - The King's City"

To begin the process I picked an area with a great fresh water supply, strong local resources adn will serve as a major trade hum between the Northern and Southern Regions of Westfall.

The southwest of the city is bordered by moutians and brings a heavy stream of fresh water from a large moutian lake. The souther highway leads through the Stoneforge Mountians bringing a steady supply of iron for the large scale manufacture of military equipment. The local mountains are quarried for stone used throug- out the city.

To the east is the begining of the southern plains hosting a thousand villiages and many towns. The southern plains are rich in water, forests and fetile soils. The river to the southeast brings in trade from the plains primarily timber supplying the massive city contructions and the shipyards. Caravans arrive daily on the eastern highway supplying the demand for grain and livestock.

The royal and upper class areas are always closed to the general public. Only holders of a Royal Quarters Mark or a scroll with the Mark's seal are permitted.

The middle class areas are closed to the general public in the evenings only. A Haven's mark grants permission.

========
This is the general gist of the city I am building up. I would like if possible some hlep from CG to aid in the demographics and economy. I am not trying to go into too much detail with the economy they have sims for that. The main thing I am looking for are major holes in the idea or major opportunities I may have missed.

==Large Population Support
Fresh running water supply. Two Major Supplies plus man made aqueducts. Supplies running water for Sewer systems, canals and community fountains. I will also be featuring some wells for certain areas.
Entertainment - Keeps the mob happy
Trade - Plenty of coin to go around
Manufacturing
Employment
Law Enforcement
Nobility

=Economy
High Volume Imports of Foods (Grain, Meat, Dairy, Wines, Beer, Spices) both Local and Wide imports.
High Volume Imports of Textiles (Flax, Cotton Wool etc) both Local and Wide imports.
Iron and other metals - Local Imports
Gem Stones and Rare minerals - Local and Wide imports
Primary Manufacture and Export - Military Equipment
Primary Manufacture adn Export - Marine Craft
Primary Manufacture and Export - Jewels and Jewellery.
Gather and Export - Seafoods and products - Export is only minor. Serves as a large portion onf the populations food.

Thanks in advance

I forgot the Purple on the Legend. That is where the royal palace and yards reside

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Port.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	22459