Thread: Antique American Revolution Battle Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Indeed a very beautiful map. If you want to recreate the look of this era even more try to bring some more "talking elements" (don't know if this a common phrase in english). Remember that not too many people were able to read and so maps were richly illustrated with pictures of the things portrayed. So try to bring some troops in (especially tents to mark army camps).
    If the map was not meant to be printed, sold and hanged on a wall I would suggest to age the paper background even more. But as you want to sell it as a tourist/souvenir map I would erase all the imperfections of the paper background to give it a nice and clean look (I would just give it a try for comparison reason).

Thank you very much for the feedback and praise and rep. Treppe, it is meant for sale (if I can package it properly and get local businesses to carry it...still a lot of work ahead)...so I very much appreciate your suggestions about the background and illustrations. I was planning on the addition of troops, regarding the background; do you think I should try a solid color or just reduce the imperfections?