Thread: Options on Mac?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I mostly used Inkscape for my vexillographic productions, but it's a perfectly decent tool for mapping on the Mac. GIMP has some issues on the mac, but inkscape is peachy...

Guild Applicant

Hi again

I called an old friend and went to visit him and he showed me Campaign Cartographer (2 I think). It's very, very complicated for me. He then showed me Art Rage 2, which he doesn't use much but his kids do. It's extremely intuitive, the flip-side being you need artistic talent and I don't have much. I'm gonna check this further and fish around for info. I would have liked to use GIMP, pity it has issues on OS X.

Thanks for your help guys, I'm gonna keep checking out what's out there

I authored the post to which you linked. I keep a list of recommended OS X software. This is a general use list, but some of it is decent for mapmaking.

In my experience, GIMP on OS X doesn't suck any more than it does on other platforms (but, then, I think GIMP is mostly horrible interface-wise anyway, so take that with a grain of salt).

I haven't updated my list in years. One thing I should add is Pixelmator, which is inexpensive and quite nice.

Also, keep your eyes open for bundles like MacHeist or theMacSale. Pixelmator, for example, is sometimes offered in bundles like this.