Thread: First Map: The Makeshift Mead Inn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Took your advice and switched it up a bit. Not much though.
    I think I figured out how to make hi-res images, though it crashes most of the time when I render it
    Here's the new:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msmiSM..png 
Views:	365 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	22750  

Looks good. I hope you get inspired to do lots of interiors, because you do nice work that is readily DM usable.

On this map I assume the east wall is up against the hill. At the moment it looks like the whole map shows an underground dungeon rather than a building next to a hill. Could you change the background so that line of the hill is defined? And the ground around the inn might be grass, cobblestone, or different colour earth or other have features. Perhaps a couple of windows in the exterior walls would help showthat it is a building.

For DD3 inspiration, I'm sure you know to check out NeonKnight's stuff. Look at the way he uses lighting. Really excellent.

Thank you very much.

I know what you mean about the background, but it was really my first map so I didn't think it would look like something I'd want to save.. so I just stuck with the brown bg. I don't even know how to change it yet, haha. Ideally I'd like to show the hill and trees/grass around with a roadway nearby.
    I guess I'll learn how to do it eventually. I'll try to make more maps.. maybe for a module d&d game or something.