Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Empire of Humankind

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

My favourite thing is the naming. Couple of nice references in there (Panther Moderns!) and it really feels like this has built up over a long period of time, very organic in feel (odd saying that with all the tech in there, but it's the only word I can find for it).

(and glad the DA suggestion worked for you..)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

@Ramah
    Well, most of the nebulas are NASA images, snatched right off the net. They usually have a whole bunch of stars showing through them, which I then remove with PS, and then lower the opacity of the whole nebula slightly so that my own stars are showing through them. But now that you mentioned it, I'll probably look into upping the opacity but lowering brightness so that they're less see-through but not so stand-out-ish.

@Coyotemax
    Ah, a fellow Gibson fan. Glad you noticed that one, out of literally hundreds of names. Since I have to come up with so many names, I usually pick what comes off the top of my head. There are a few other references in those names, some only Danes will pick up on, and not even then.

Guild Novice

great stuff like the naming of additional info like republics, technology, organization names etc keep on

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I am very impressed thank you for all your hard work

Blog Entries

That's exactly what I wanted to do for my friends RPG but to see it with so much love for the details ... I'm speechless! Your artwork is outstanding and shall have a special place in my collection of adorable maps. I need to ask you one thing, though: The Manaroth Expanse (the southern nebula or whatever you call it) seems to have an rough edge near the 'x'. Maybe it's my monitor but it looks odd to me. Keep up the excellent work! Repped you.

As for the image hosting: You could try imagehost.org or I could provide you with the space needed too, should DA complain. : )
    "Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning. Just as light needs darkness to be seen."

Current projects: The Empyreum

@Antheon
    Yeah, that particular nebula hasn't worked out so good, so I'm probably gonna change it.
    And DA seems to be working for now, but thanks for the offer!

Sadly the full rez isn't viewable. I wonder if they are sizing it down?

:edit: Oh, you can see it in all its glory if you click on the download link on the left hand menu.
    Last edited by someguy; 05-03-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: IR Stupid
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Now you can!

Blog Entries

What's with the sigh, Daelin? I hope you're not rushing things just because we, in our divine geekness, want to see more planets filled into your gorgeous star chart ... ; )

Is it possible that you added four new planets and didn't label them? At least I found four nameless ones - or haven't found them earlier. Furthermore, I found the planet New Innsbruck and bursted into laughter as I lived for many years in Innsbruck. Good to know that this name remains in the far future. : D
    And you got rid of that nebula ... At first glance I thought those two planets between Titan and Israh are 'siblings' but then I realized that I can not measure the distance between planets by looking how close they were placed to each other. I believe it would be cool though to have some 'sibling'-planets (if there aren't any described in your companion book that I still have to read yet ...)

Antheon
    wondering about planetary siblings
    "Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning. Just as light needs darkness to be seen."

Current projects: The Empyreum

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast