Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Empire of Humankind

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

On DA if you go to your edit option (up near the favourite/download/etc links), you can choose the display option (variety of resolutions up to fullsize) as well as directing to the download link...

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

@Antheon
    No, the sigh was meant as sign of working so dog-on hard on this.
    And no, there is absolutely no coherency to the relative size of the planets, their location and the distance between them. And the planets that are just floating around with no connection to "the network" are simply planets I haven't placed yet.
    And you know what, I've totally forgotten to name your planet and give you the credit I promised...

@Everyone
    The larger of the two unnamed planets that is to the immediate southwest of Earth, the one with the glowing lights, is called Eneath and is made from this outstanding map made by Antheon. I've taken the liberty of making a few moderations to it, like hue, and added clouds and the urbanization lights, but what should hopefully be a pretty cool-looking planet is mostly Antheon's work. Thanks for letting me use it, dude, I personally think its one of the best-looking planets. So there you have it.

@Coyotemax
    Yeah yeah, I forgot to set the full display size to original the original size. It should be okay now.

Blog Entries

Nah, that's okay with me because I have forgotten it myself. : O
    I just looked after the new worlds and encountered the nameless ones. Good to know about the floating planets, so I know where I have to watch next time. ; )
    And about the credit: You're welcome! As I said before I'm honored to know that my map is floating somewhere in this epic artwork! However, I think that Torentine is what I would call best-looking planet. So, a2area deserves the praise for it, just as well as other 'planet-providers' here at the Guild! : D

Antheon
    feeling flattered nonetheless
    "Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning. Just as light needs darkness to be seen."

Current projects: The Empyreum

And another WIP:

http://daelind.deviantart.com/art/WI...kind-163390210

I think I'm approaching the next phase here. What that is, I don't know exactly... But I have started reviewing the planets, and I'll probably replace a few of them, 'cause some of these just aren't cutting it.
    Anyway, let me know what you think. What planets don't look that great?

Wow, that is a massive map you've got there! And so lifelike too. I like how each of these planets seems unique in some way, though I'm still trying to figure out what those metallic looking contraptions on Qrosher are (whatever they are they must be freaking huge!). Very impressive work Daelin. Repped.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

@arsheesh
    Oh, well, that's because I haven't put in description for it yet. It's supposed to be the same kind of "terraforming sphere", like those around Felipadune and Union III. And yes, those things are freaking huge. They basically transform a planet completely, literally from the ground up; they rearrange plate tectonics, build mountains and oceans, seed a breathable atmosphere, create custom-made ecologies and prepare worlds for colonization. They are indeed machines of epic proportion, but they need to be, because the process of terraforming is slow, as in it takes millennia, from start to finish.
    I'll detail this (if I EVER get around to it) in the companion book I'm also writing.
    And thanks for the nice comments, of course!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Just noticed 'Gein Skin Industries'. lol

Guild Member Facebook Connected A R Frost's Avatar

Impressive as always. Really like the way this is coming along. And thanks for the new background, it looks great on my dual 24inch monitors.
    In the words of Most interesting man in the World. "Stay thirsty my friends."

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Okay, so this will probably be the last WIP I post. Next post should be the finished map. I'm only missing a couple of planets to fill some space and then its on to placing a whole bunch more stations, and adding some minor details and stuff.

Enjoy...
    http://daelind.deviantart.com/art/WI...kind-163912961

Holy smokes. That's extensive. Can we see it full-size when you're done? I kept wanting to zoom in. Great work!
    M

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast