Hello, fellow (and lady) cartophiles. My name is Mark, I'm a 54 yr. old software enginerr in Corvallis, Oregon (USA). I've been a member of the Cartographers Guild since April 2006, but am only now getting around to "showing my face". I've been a tabletop gamer since 1980 and a GM most of that time. As such, I've been creating maps during pretty much that entire period. Up until about 10 years ago, they were all hand-drawed. Now, I do everything in Photoshop, CorelDraw, and Bryce, with the occasional detour into Dundjinni, CC2 (and other ProFantasy apps), whatever else is handy.

I'm in process of generating a city map for my Barr al-Fadi desert campaign and have many members here to thank for a landslide of mapping help and tips. Some of my existing maps are already viewable here on my Barr al-Fadi website. For a while, I was trying to standardize my town/city maps appearance on the Cities of Harn mapping style, using CC2 and the Mappa Harnica Toolkit, one of which is shown (at the bottom) on my "maps" page.

While this has worked OK for small villages, I've always found CC2's UI to be too non-intuitive (for me anyway) and not conducive to the creation of large cities. Using Photoshop, along with a lot of the wonderful advice and reference available here, I'm making substantial headway towards my first major city map. I hope to post it here, once it's finished.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for providing such a great community to work in. I'm looking forward to participating!