Thread: Himinreica - Regional Map (Previously Untitled)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Although steady, the progress on this map, at least for now, is rather slow and time consuming as it takes me roughly an hour and a half to two hours to trace out and fill each contour line for each individual area of the map, and becomes particularly tedious in those areas where the slopes are rather steep. At this point, I'm trying to concentrate on the southern portion of the map and finish it down to sea level which, I'm guessing, is going to take me the better part of today and tomorrow.

I thought, in the meantime, that I'd offer up this little map of the original area in question. It isn't a perfect match in terms of the area I'm working with, but it is fairly close and should give an idea of what it is like trying to manually create the grey-scale contour map I've been working on. The area shaded in red is the area I've cut from the contour version of the map. Given the "islands" depicted (which are actually marshes and/or mud flats) and the way I'm making the area "larger than life," cutting that area out seemed the only reasonable solution to maintaining some level of geological realism in terms of water flow (i.e. rivers, in general terms, don't split into multiple forks). Besides that, I wanted to make those "islands" a bit more prominent to the map, itself, rather than just being "filler material."

GW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RWV-Himinreica..jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	505.1 KB 
ID:	22912  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges