Thread: valley region map for my warhammer roleplay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

thx for the feedback sigurd ,

indeed i took a long objective look at my map and tbh the mountains where a little strong, .. ive "slimmed" them down a bit ... and slightly altered the color to a little lighter ...

I was going for a "frame" of mountains as the village is located on a higher plateau/valley ... and they are surrounded by high peaks with only 2 ways in and out of the valley ( the spots left and right without mountains )
    ive left 3 "larger" mountains to be named

the actually "creator" of the map was more of an adventurer then geologist. he did survey the region once his group settled there but he wasn't a professional mapmaker ( neither am i lol ) and im trying to go for a early type hand drawn map feel . the mountains are more style indeed , because there rather dangerous to explore , lots of nasty green skins ( orc , goblins ) and the adventurer dint really feel like accurately depicting them.

im working from the outside in because i have a rather decent idea of how i want the lay of the land ot look like , after that ill fill in town location , monoliths , places of interest ect and ive worked with layers for each addition so basicly i can remove or alter anything without impacting anything else .. so alteration can be done while working

and tbh ive always worked from outside in , its a habit i picked when learning to draw :p

still haven't figured a good way to draw my lakes / rivers tho ...
    whatever i try it just comes out all wrong ... to think lines , to lite .. or it just look like a circle on the map ... need some hint/ techniques for this :p
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	campain map kroge.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	22909