Thanks guys, both of you. I've noticed several misspellings, so those need to be fixed anyway. I'll do the terminoloy change at the same time. The sort of 'backstory' behind the wings bit is that they provide a wider base of thrust for the engines which equals a better maneuverability without as much use of lateral thrusters. On the Valerie, the engines work by taking sections of the ship and applying an acceleration only to them via a ridiculous set of technobabble. More area to grab thats farther away from the center of mass is, again, equal to better maneuverability.

On the Omaha, the ship does have a turret-mounted gun. It's not a combat vessel, so the lack of general heavy weapons is intentional. On the second, it is better armed, but the main guns are external and... not shown on the 3-view. Damnit. I'll have to add those.

The lack of airlocks (I'm assuming you mean between bulkheads and not external docking apparati) was not intentional. If I remember my early sketches correctly, they were in there to begin with, but the ship was much more aesthetically flowing without them in there. Maybe I should add those as well.

About the serif font, is there one that you would recommend? I'm having a hard time finding one that looks 'artificial' enough to not clash with the design of the blueprints, and maintains readability. I finally settled on this one. Is it difficult to read?

The whole thing was done in GIMP, with a lot of patience. And cursing. Quite a bit of that.