Name:  LogoSketch4Small..jpg
Views: 392
Size:  45.8 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LogoSketch4..jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	22976

Here I moved the M out of the way of the center of the logo - it was getting muddled up with the rest of the lines. I'm not sure this works yet though....

@Carnifex - the arrow is to highlight the direction of the compass, and also to make it more than just a straightforward spined compass rose. I agree that the overall colours were too different for it to fit with the compass. I've knocked it back a bit to help it blend in here. I'd be interested to hear if people think this is better or worse.

@RobA - I think I will do that - but I'll be holding off on that until I can finalise a font! Redoing those each time would get wearing....

@Ascension - That's an interesting idea. I'll have to play with that. I don't really use layer styles yet. I should really get into those. I agree about wanting to avoid being pigeonholed as pure Fantasy, but actually I prefer making fantasy maps to sci-fi so I'm not too bothered by shoehorning a tech font in there.

Hmmm - tried it on a different background and it looks a bit rubbish. Hmmm. Will have to do a little re-thinking....

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

And tested out on a cover. This required a little fiddling before I could get anything that looked even partially reasonable... Not sure this is the right way to go. For this to work I'd need to bump the whole background up to the tone of the background in the original logo and that looks a bit weird. Any thoughts or advice gratefully taken!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoverTest..jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	300.9 KB 
ID:	22978