Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fantasy map for a friend's book

It's a hand-drawn design I worked on. Took FOREVER to get them right. I have many different mtn ranges drawn and scanned so I can insert them and edit them as needed. I plan on adding the political lines and roads shortly. Any critiques for the land itself?
    Gerard Mercator says:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mercator..jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	22996  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like that...nice one Ravs!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

If you are doing this for someone's book, as in something that might be published, then I strongly suggest that you do NOT even trace elements from the work of someone else. As you can see it can be very easy for such elements to be caught.

By all means use their style, and study existing works, but make sure each element in the final is something you've drawn all by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Talroth View Post
    If you are doing this for someone's book, as in something that might be published, then I strongly suggest that you do NOT even trace elements from the work of someone else. As you can see it can be very easy for such elements to be caught.

By all means use their style, and study existing works, but make sure each element in the final is something you've drawn all by yourself.
    Thank you for your comment. I fully plan to draw all of it myself. I mentioned in my initial post that it was far from complete and I was going to hand draw it. I've also been working a long time to emulate their style. To the rest: I have already apologized for not giving credit where credit was due. Please keep any further posts to the point of my request: looking for major geographical errors. There really is no need to be rude and post inflammatory remarks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12