Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thank You Cartographer's Guild

Thats a real nice improvement - I like the variation in both the shape and size of the trees.

-Rob A>

Wip

Revamped the rest of the forest with the new style. I have to say that I like it a lot more as well.

This map is almost done. Still need to do desert terrain, population centers and travel routes, legend and compass rose, descriptive text and those idiosyncratic drawings that you see on most older maps.

Wip

Desert has been added. Already working on roads and locations, but yeesh it looks unpolished.

stick with it, it's a very individual style and that's a rare beast around here! I would suggest though that if you are going to have a desert area that in addition to the dunes which look great you use a broad outline of a yellowish colour to denote the desert.

I'll agree with Ravs on both points. I initially said "what desert" until I identified the dunes. Taking their fill colour and washing the area might do the trick.

And please see this through. It is a clean, distinctive style that I quite like. For the particular type of map I believe you have polished it quite well.

-Rob A>

Wip

This last bit took a might longer than the other parts, mostly because each location had to be drawn individually.

I still plan to fiddle with the mountains and desert in the ways that people suggested, but that'll happen after the rest of the map is done.

The next task to tackle on this map involves issues of naming and a compass rose.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow that map now has twice the character it had before with the addition of all the places...I look forward to seeing your compass rose...Thats always my favorite part of the map as if you couldn't tell by the site logo.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

This thread is a perpetual delight, helium. Coming along wonderfully. You're just about to the fine-tuning stage, aren't you? (That's my favorite part: after raw materials have been put in, tweak-tweak-tweaking!)

Keep it up!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Wip

So I just have to say, when I do my next regional map, I'm going to figure out where the descriptive text will go BEFORE putting in the details. I'm having a tough time putting in names that don't make the map look incredibly cluttered.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast