Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
Not to sound rude, but this is the second map request I've seen in the last couple days where people want someone to create a free map on a quick turn-around. While we can from time to time, do a free map design based on an honest request in the Map Request Forum - we are not a staff of cartographers waiting for something to do at no cost. Designing any map takes time, and for some us time means money.

The newbies shouldn't expect us to rush out a map design for free. That's not what we do here. When somebody asks for help, the best help we can usually offer is techniques in using specific software in helping you design your own map. We want to help you become a better mapper. In general we really don't want to make maps for free nor do everyone's maps. We want you to do the map yourself.

I get requests for maps that people are willing to pay for, and sometimes due to time constraints, I have to turn them down. So I don't do every paid-for map requested of me, because I lack the time. However, not that I never do it, but I generally don't have time to do free maps.

There may be someone willing to do a quick map design for you for free, but you shouldn't expect that's what we will do. Like I said, the best help we can offer is helping you make your own map, not the other way around.

GP
Hi! You're not being rude. =) I should have been more clear when i wrote my request... Of course I don't expect anyone to give out an entire map for free, just some bits and pieces... And as I wrote, lets take the weekend to think about it and then you and I would post our maps. But now I have posted my map already (at least part of it)...