Thread: Need help with Wizards Keep!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Having read the Sword of Truth series I am intrigued with your idea. But I would put some levels above ground (living rooms tend to be a lot more cozy if they have windows and fresh air isn't dangerous either). Just start at "ground level" (at the foot of the mountain or halfway up) and every time you have need for some new rooms either dig into the ground or add another tower or build further up the mountain, that way the whole building will gain a "natural" feel having grown with time.

Quote Originally Posted by cfds View Post
    Having read the Sword of Truth series I am intrigued with your idea. But I would put some levels above ground (living rooms tend to be a lot more cozy if they have windows and fresh air isn't dangerous either). Just start at "ground level" (at the foot of the mountain or halfway up) and every time you have need for some new rooms either dig into the ground or add another tower or build further up the mountain, that way the whole building will gain a "natural" feel having grown with time.
    Hmm... Yeah, that´s a nice idea. The wizards keep in SOT had some above ground-levels... Have you read Debt of Bones? There´s a picture of the keep there. It looks sort of a castle being built into the mountain, and it has a tall, narrow bridge leading up to the keep. I´m not sure, but I think the back entrance (where Zedd and Richard entered (?)) is cut out straight from the mountain, though. There is also a very pictorial description of the inside in Dept of Bones, at least of the only room common people are allowed to visit...