Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March/April Entry: Djöpúr-Garđyrr - Withdrawn

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

agree the southern end could use some work - but other than that.. looking good... I better get on with my own map soon
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

That's starting to take nice shape. Keep up the good work.

I have an idea for this contest myself but I can't get to it until later this week so not sure if I will get much done on it or not....hopefully, I will so you at least have some fellow contenders.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Wip

Okay, let's try this again, since I got disconnected in mid-upload a few minutes ago.

Not as much progress as I'd like, but progress, none the less. I patched up the southern portions so that they jived with the remainder of the map and dropped in the streams and ponds. Looks like a couple of streams will have to be re-routed ever so slightly, but, for the most part, I'm happy with them. Will tackle the city/fortress next, but want to take a couple of days to think about the layout before I go hog wild with the editing.

GW

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DG-WIP-03-30-10-B..jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	23345  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

are those mountains in there? ... cause then its much bigger than I imagined ... followed your rivers around and around... no violations but rather complex systems - its looking good
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Looking good. It does have a bit of a curved feel to it. It that on purpose?
    ---
    Gorkamorka

@ tilt - They're not really supposed to be mountains, more like mounds/hills. The elevation is a bit skewed at this point so that I can see where things are. The final render will trim things down a bit, and when the structures are in place, there will, I hope, be more of a sense of scale.

@ gokamorka - curved in which way? I may need to tweak things a bit, but it should give a bowl-like impression with the central pond being the lowest point when all is said and done. Not sure if I can accomplish that in Terragen or not, so it may need some tweaking after the final render.

GW
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 03-31-2010 at 04:25 PM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

To me, it looks curved the other way - like the centre is the highest point and everything flows to the edges.
    One of those Alternate Earth History people.

You wanna know what I hate more than anything else? I hate it when an employer, without any warning what so ever, decides to make major changes both to the way the company operates and the product we work with. And I especially hate it when those changes result in a series of 12 to 14 hour days that leave me absolutely no time for myself. In the last two weeks, I've had all of about an hour to work on this project, and now, with just a couple days left before the deadline (and a few more 12 to 14 hour days), it just doesn't look as though I'm going to be able to finish this. With that in mind, if one of the moderators would be so kind as to tag this thread with a "Withdrawn" addendum, I'd be much appreciative. Once things settle down (assuming that actually happens any time in the near future), I'll try to get back to this, and maybe include it as part of my Himin Reica project.

GW
    GW

I empathize because I work for myself and that bastage is a real slave driver!

On the bright side, in this economy there are a lot of people out of jobs completely, so at least you can be thankful for that much I guess.

Sorry to see you forced to drop out of the challenge. At least now we know what happened.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12