Quote Originally Posted by the-golem View Post
I expanded it, I wanted to get an overall world view of what the results of the impact could be. I sorta thought the lands would splinter and spiderweb kind of like a windshield when struck by a rock. How plausable to you think this is?
I'm not sure about the plausibility of that shattering pattern, though i would tend to question it, if i found it in a book. But if this is fantasy i wouldn't worry about it too much.

But i think i can offer a helpful comment on making the whole thing look more plausible. The continental shapes you have now are in general too uniform. If you look at our world, all the continents are very different in size and shape. At the moment yours fall too easily into patterns. Your original continent has an interesting shape. But south of it you've placed another continent of roughly the same size, shape and orientation. Then your continent on the far right, is roughly equidistant in all direction to the adjacent two continents. Your radiating shatter continents are all about the same size and length The remaining continents on the left have some interesting shapes, but they feels like they have been jammed in between the curved edge of the ghosted projection behind and the radiating skinny continents.

This feels artificial to me.

Try mixing things up more. Take some of your continents and resize them and move them around, looking at both the negative and positive space, and going for variety in both. Remove some of your radiating continents, radically alter some of their lengths, and/or chop some of them into two or three pieces laterally.

Or if you want to try a more rigorous approach, make your landforms before the cataclysm, and then use a selection lasso and start breaking things apart and moving them around.