Thread: Elven Castletown on waterfalls....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Update - more 3D

Not that I don't disagree with you, the-Golem, I think I can get by without obvious flying buttresses. My plan is to build the castle against a rock/cliff perch behind the castle, as it is built right into the rock at the base center of the falls - as shown in the posted image below.

You might ask, "Is this castle floating?" and it is at this time, as I need to model the ground beneath the main citadel and that small outer tower to the left side. The 3D model helps in showing that I need to add more foreground before the castle. I plan to create some ground bank on either side of the castle-falls, to place some town homes, shops and trees, at the base of those cliffs.

As stated, this will be hand-drawn, but I learned doing the Kitsumura map, that not creating the landform especially for a waterfall adds technical difficulty, so it helps to build as much in 3D to get it right. And the landform and falls behind the castle really helps the end drawing.

Once I create the castle base, and banks in 3D, place them in the final image, I will be ready to begin the hand-drawing stage.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-towers.jpg 
Views:	1339 
Size:	253.7 KB 
ID:	23242  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations