Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: October 2007 Entry: Greenstone Monastery

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Thanks RobA

Those are some seriously great floors. I think they are a little too colourful and busy for what I'm trying to do though. I'm woking on a similar shade floor to the original but with a thinner grout and larger paving stone.

Thanks for the help though.

Torq
    Sounds perfect! Can't wait to see them.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

This is what I have done so far. Still more work on some aspects needed eg. pillars dont look high enough and stained galss reflection on top of a pillar, but I'm geeting to the stage where I will put it out there. Also started working on the regional map.

Torq
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monasfinal.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	554.2 KB 
ID:	1136  
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Very nice looking, and excellent detail.

One note - you seem to have lost the stair shadows on the upper right hand side.

-Rob A>

Very nice improvements across the board! Well done.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I just love the little details in this map...for example trying to recreate the last moments of the priest's life by looking at the position of the body, the blood trail and the broken door.

Very nice work

You do indeed miss a few shadows for steps, but other than that it looks absolutely stunning
    Also visit Dundjinni, Four Ugly Monsters, the Nook, Battlegrounds Games, Fantasy Grounds, RPTools, RPGMapShare, Eruvian, Dragon Roots, RPG Virtual Tabletop, Troll Lord Games, GameMaster Syndicate and meny, many others

Thank you Kepli, Ravs, RP and RobA for the very kind words of encouragement. Regional map is nearly done and then I can go and find a nice quiet hole and try and do something about the deadlines in my legal practice that have been somewhat extended by this challenge.

Cheers
    Torq

Looks like my chances in the challenge are slipping away, cos we all know that its never going to happen. Come to think of it that would be a great theme for next month's challenge, "South Africa's Roadmap to world cup Glory". Might not have mass appeal though particularly with so many members here coming from lands that havn't fully grasped the wonders of rugby union. Lotsa Canadians though on this board so "big up" to the Canucks for trying.

Torq

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast