Thread: October 2007 Entry: Greenstone Monastery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Nice work Torq!

Nice work, Torq!

I've got Dundjinni too, but like CC3, I only dabble with it. I've seen some really awesome work created in Dundjinni,though.

What is the object on the upper left side - looks like a candelabra, maybe?

One question though? Your floor looks like it belongs in a ruin, moreso than a church in use, is this intentional or am I missing something? (not a criticism, so much as a question...)

And of course, I see that I'm the only one that's deviating from the traditional interior architecture of an orthodox cathedral.

I'd say you are all smarter than me!
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-09-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: added a quesiton for Torq
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thanks Gamerprinter

I dont actually use Dundjinni. This is done completely using Gimp, but I do use some of the artwork posted in the Dunjinni forums, and there is quite a lot of it in this layout.

The object on the left is actually a design painted by the cultists of their evil deity, with candles placed at the edges. In the middle is a pile of smouldering coals that they use for their rituals. I have been unhappy with the way it looks for some time and the fact that you couldn't recognise it has made up my mind. It will be replaced.

The floor I made while messing with grids in Gimp. I think the floor looks old. Its made from a rare stone quarried in ancient times from the nearby Vesher Hills .

As for interior architecture, mine is more accident than design. I just followed, in very broad, strokes the photo. I think your interior layout is excellent and complex, as a building that size should be. I just havn't got the skills for that kind of variation.

Thanks for the feedback.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Info Just a suggestion, then...

Red is the opposite of green on the color wheel. As a complimentary color red stands out against green almost as well as black against white (almost). If you created your deities image in red it would stand out much better!

Just a suggestion.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations