Thread: Some 3-D work >>

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, I haven't had that problem with ArcScene. I think HMW has his resample set to nearest neighbor. Looks a lot better with Bilinear Interpolation on Cubic Convolution. Of course, a noisy texture can hide a lot of sins.

Okay, great. I see it now. It's not as bad on screen, but it's there and it gets really... really bad on export. Eeeugh! Oh well. I can still get better renders with Bryce. Or Wilbur. Or, Gott hilf uns, even SagaGIS.

Saga is also better integrated between the 2d and 3d functions. Pretty basic, but hey. Oh yeah, I still can't figure out how to do labeling in ArcScene.

I still think ArcMap is Da Bomb for some editing, especially in vector, and I haven't found another app that can do georeferencing with as little lost hair. Yeah. ArcGIS is world's best and most expensive georeferencing tool. Ay Caramba!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NorthwestView2SE..png 
Views:	196 
Size:	567.4 KB 
ID:	23247  

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by su_liam View Post
    I still think ArcMap is Da Bomb for some editing, especially in vector, and I haven't found another app that can do georeferencing with as little lost hair.
    I dont do this sort of thing with the georeffing but Monks said that he really liked Global Mapper. How does that rate against ArcMap ? All the pro's seem to come from the Arc world.

Quote Originally Posted by su_liam View Post
    Yeah, I haven't had that problem with ArcScene. I think HMW has his resample set to nearest neighbor. Looks a lot better with Bilinear Interpolation on Cubic Convolution. Of course, a noisy texture can hide a lot of sins.

Okay, great. I see it now. It's not as bad on screen, but it's there and it gets really... really bad on export. Eeeugh! Oh well. I can still get better renders with Bryce. Or Wilbur. Or, Gott hilf uns, even SagaGIS.

Saga is also better integrated between the 2d and 3d functions. Pretty basic, but hey. Oh yeah, I still can't figure out how to do labeling in ArcScene.

I still think ArcMap is Da Bomb for some editing, especially in vector, and I haven't found another app that can do georeferencing with as little lost hair. Yeah. ArcGIS is world's best and most expensive georeferencing tool. Ay Caramba!
    the rivers in your image seem to float around/don't follow the basins...what was this made in? surprised the RP haven't caught it >>
    if it is ArcScene, you might need to change the 'Base Heights' for the river layer, it looks like they aren't draped on the terrain.
    those lines in my terrain were from a wide-meter DEM. used a tighter one and its better now. resampling does change it around alot, i like messing with it.

>> yeah, getting DEM's and hydro to match is so frustrating. i had some layers do the exact same thing before. i try different water data from different sources to see which lines up best before even trying to tweak it, or mask it.
    Last edited by hubbardmapworks; 03-29-2010 at 01:43 AM.