Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Plane of Melekar

I think I can actually explain all the rivers. The one in the southwestern most continent springs from that... spring in the mountains and flows gradually down to the sea all the way to the south. Unfortunately the one in the southern continent LOOKS strange, cause when I painted in the forest, it covered the elevation, but that lake is at the highest point of where the water flows, and it spills out in both directions. Also because of the scale, it was hard to put any river dynamics in, but it's basically just a trickle coming out either side, and as the floodplains feed into the rivers the get bigger and faster as they flow out to sea. The world has only been around for about 5000 years, so there are no natural canyons (the cut between the mountains that it flows out of to the west is by divine design). Lastly the river on the southeastern continent has many more than two flows coming out of the marsh (which is approx. 150 miles in diameter), but I just wanted to show that the water spread from the spring of the masters (which is a magically fed spring, thus over flowing and turning the surrounding plain to marsh) and then eventually fed back together in a river leading out to the sea to the west. (The same is kind of true for the northwest continent, the Brackens and that area are all marsh land, that's what the multiple rivers are trying to show, just where it's the deepest, and bedwyr ridge is supposed to be a cliff that the water falls down into more marsh land)

So that's my justification of the rivers, I did give a little bit of thought to their unnatural layout. That and I didn't REALLY pay attention to making it realistic *tugs on his collar*

Completely beautiful map. One thing to point out: it says "Sea of Sorows" on the bottom. Missing an r.

Lol, nice, good catch, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12