Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April Challenge Entry - Muggeria

hehe, ye gotte love the wonders of nature... I for one would like to live in that country, somewhere in the gargyle swamp I think .. I mean the Salty Beer island sounds great but is too far east for my taste so.. I agree with Jax that having a landshape that looks like something real can work very well (I mean, there's even a face on Mars ) In my opinion one should however not overemphasis cause you'd lose the effect. So for example the rounded western-mountain range is a little too coincidential i'd say (or maybe a meteor slammed there creating some crater?) I also think making the shorelines a little less straight may help in making it look like a true wonder of nature... just my thoughts tho ... cheers!

Well, well, you are all right. Actually my intention of this mountain range was that there was some kind of Meteor impact. Like the carribean sea. But I tweaked the whole shape now a bit. Well, a big bit I think.

And if someone has an idea which symbol I should use for Elf Cities I would be very happy.
    By the way, the crappy looking lines should be wheat and hops fields.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Projektv3-0..jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	23802  
    Avatar by courtesy of Castaras from the GiantitP-Forums

How about shiny embossed buttons with a tree on them, or better yet, little shoes with upturned toes

Big trees with Windows maybe?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Wip

Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions. I decided: When in doubt ask the wife. She meant something like the french lilies... and so it shall be.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Projektv3-1..jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	957.0 KB 
ID:	23912  

You gotta admit that looks pretty good for a landmass based on a mug of beer. The colors with the head being white even lends itself to it and yet it's not over the top. Perhaps the name, "Muggeria" is a bit but hey, it's a little tongue in cheek anyhow.

I think it's looking even better than I had imagined it would Zar. Good work.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Yeah, in the latest version of the map I can't even clearly make out the mug of beer anymore. The landmass looks great. Glad you dropped the river deltas and I like the little dwarves in the cartouche

Some of the larger labels looks like they aren't anti-aliased or something... the text doesn't have the smooth edges as the smaller labelling. What's up with that? Are you still working on that?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Yeah, in the latest version of the map I can't even clearly make out the mug of beer anymore. The landmass looks great. Glad you dropped the river deltas and I like the little dwarves in the cartouche

Some of the larger labels looks like they aren't anti-aliased or something... the text doesn't have the smooth edges as the smaller labelling. What's up with that? Are you still working on that?
    Problem is the larger text is text on path while the others are straight text. Don't really know how I could change this since I can't work with Inkscape... I tried but after 10 minutes cursing I either smash the monitor or change to GIMP... maybe I should try a learn program.

Have to say that this has come along nicely from its first incarnation. There's still just a hint of the "beer mug" you started with, but not so much as to seem out of place or overly comical. Nice work, Zar.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast