Here's a program recommended by our friend Butch Curry over at Zombie Nirvana Games recently posted over at his website (www.zombienirvana.com):

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Curry
6 October, 2007 (13:10) | Software | By: Butch

I got an email last night from a viewer who has a large map. He wanted to print it across multiple sheets of paper rather than shrinking it down to a single sheet, and asked if there was an easy way to do this in Photoshop.

To be perfectly honest, if there is one, I don’t know what it is and my Googling couldn’t turn one up. What I DID find, though, was a rather nifty little program called PosteRazor (http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/). It takes an image and based on your choices (how many pages to split it into, how big a blank border your printer will create, how much and where to overlap the sheets, etc.) divides it up into a multi-page PDF. Just print the PDF, trim off the borders, and put it together!

It’s free, open source, and available for Windows, OSX, and Linux. It’s also a very small program (the biggest of the three versions is less than 1 MB) and very fast. I tried it out this morning and it works like a charm; it’s definitely worth a look!