Thread: Chronicles of Caeruin

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Truly love that 4th map. That's a fantastic series of progressions - congratulations! Welcome to the guild.
    Thanks. I found this site some time ago for me, primarily as a source of inspiration. Now I wanted to give something back to you.

Excellent maps, as most people, I especially like the fourth one, though I don't really understand why there's diagonally crossing meridians. Is that to enhance the feeling that all corners of the map are meeting?
    Although I have tried to acquire some knowledge about the production of ancient maps (including the importance of meridians), at least it has a purely decorative purpose. I've seen these intertwined 'meridians' allready in several historic maps (for no apparent reason other than the optic) and I have thought that they would make in my map quite well.

Anyway, here I have a few more maps. The first one was inspired by Schley's wonderful map of Eberron, especially in terms of colors. The second one is a worldmap in a black-and-white-style I liked to try out. Last but not least, two small insights into a much larger map where I am actually working on.

Quabbe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caeruin-5..jpg 
Views:	884 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	23703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caeruin-6..jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	23704   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caeruin-8..jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	23706