Thread: CC3 w/ DD3 or Dundjinni

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks again for the info. I do like that FM8 is a lot cheaper and potentially easier to use, but i must admit i much prefer the appearance of the CC3 maps, as they appear to much better match the art of D&D 4th Ed, which is the main game that i run.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow84 View Post
    Thanks again for the info. I do like that FM8 is a lot cheaper and potentially easier to use, but i must admit i much prefer the appearance of the CC3 maps, as they appear to much better match the art of D&D 4th Ed, which is the main game that i run.
    ??? That's a question of how you make the maps, not of the software program. Just about any map you can make with CC3 you also can make with FM8, and. likewise, just about any map you can make with FM8 you also can make with CC3.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Mark, I have FM8 a shot on my home computer, did the tutorials with the trial version. Its pretty good, but there just doesnt seem to be the flexibility with it compared to CC3, particularly when it comes to effects and stuff.

On another note, its not necessarily anything to do with FM8 persay, but i couldnt for the life of me figure out how to put a pit in the floor, with say acid in it. The best i could scramble up was putting down some floor tiles, then in a 3x3 grid, put down the "acid" texture, and select it and make it have a frame bevel. It semi looked like it was a depression in the floor, but it really wasnt that good.

Also i couldnt find an erase function. Say i made a wall that was 10 squares long, but then i decided that i wanted to erase 2 of those squares in the middle of the wall, i couldnt do it, id have to delete the whole wall, and then redo it.

I hope you're not misunderstanding me. If you prefer CC3 to FM8, I have no problem with that. I can't recall any effect in CC3 that I can't get in FM8, but then again, I dumped CC3 more than a year ago, so I well could be forgetting something. If I had to put a pit in the floor with acid in it, I'd just drop a good symbol (object) of an acid pit into the map rather than taking the time to make one myself. I'd do that with either FM8 or CC3. With the wall, there are several options that you can use in both programs to reach your goal. But you have a learning curve to go through first, big in CC3, small in FM8.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project