Hey guys,

Im new to these forums, and new to mapping in general. Im having a hard time determining which software program out of CC3 with the DD3 addon or Dundjinni is the most ideal for use in making Dungeon battlemaps, and the odd outdoor battlemap. I have no interest in making world maps and the like, its only dungeons and the outdoor battle/encounter maps that i need.

I have had a brief play around with each, and whilst MapTool is free and can easily do maps, they are really poor in quality, and very limited (cant even do curved rooms that i have found). Im happy enough to put in a bit of work to learn how to use either Dundjinni or CC3, and i have done the CC3/DD3 Tutorials on YouTube by Joe Sweeny, which were fantastic.

I have currently been using maps which i have scavenged from the net, and import them into MapTool to use with my players locally.

So thats where im at. Which program would be best to suit my needs of making dungeon & outdoor battle/encounter maps, and then importing them into MapTool to use?