Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bhindraene World Building Project

Map

Dalraissia (Roneland) and Avaleign unite with the marriage of the demi-god Rone to Queen Caer An'Faetan and together they sack the city of Eldyr, where Rone's twin brother Durn had been held captive by Eldaeron for piracy since 1311. Draekeln goes on the warpath once again, laying siege to Buchandorn, Fiandis, Bainnur, and Rorys. Meanwhile the two Llaenish kings battle each other as Eil-Llaene's king, Carrick Lleris, demands the crown of the south. His armies proceed to sack the capital of Delemire, where he executes the Llaenish Council. Grand Corim, while having regained the city of Gaernistar from the Klastians, is stunned by the sudden rebellion of Lord Amphael of Rharis, who crowns himself King of the Delamnos Isles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BhinPol13.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	582.2 KB 
ID:	24329

These are excellent maps, and wonderful histories. Maybe we'll see some full geographic maps soon? Looking forward to seeing more of these, and hearing more about the world ^.^ Maybe some flora/fauna distribution or language distribution maps - if that's something you're interested in, of course ^.^

- Alizarine
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

Map

Quote Originally Posted by alizarine View Post
    These are excellent maps, and wonderful histories. Maybe we'll see some full geographic maps soon? Looking forward to seeing more of these, and hearing more about the world ^.^ Maybe some flora/fauna distribution or language distribution maps - if that's something you're interested in, of course ^.^
    Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I will be working on completing a geographic map fairly soon, especially since I've gotten into a quick rhythm in pumping out these political/historical maps. I've obtained access to ArcGIS, too, so I'll be experimenting with elevation maps with that.

---

Avaleign queen Caer An'Faetan executes her husband and his brother, the two demi-gods, Rone and Durn, and Lord Anroen of Chiarvel raises a rebellion against her tyranny. Allying with King Ricker III of Riendaln, the Salt Sea Alliance is formed and the Rones War begins. Draekeln and Grand Corim form a shaky cooperation and topple the kingdom of Llaene. Grand Corim also crushes King Amphael of Delamnos and breaks the Klastian militia in Klehorn. To counter the spreading grasp of the Fahn-born territory of the Rundvelt, Tanis king Conlaen An'Cuine extends his military support to the Northern Clans and welcomes them as part of Great Tanis.

Name:	BhinPol14.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	564.1 KB 
ID:	24461

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I know I'm late to comment here, but the vivid colors make the smaller words hard to read, especially the blue and dark sage green areas.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I know I'm late to comment here, but the vivid colors make the smaller words hard to read, especially the blue and dark sage green areas.
    Hm, yes, I can see that. I suppose I've taken it for granted that I use an image zooming addon in Firefox. The maps are originally 4400x3357 but I downsize them to 1280x977 for sake of upload size. More muted colours (or reduced opacity) are definitely key to this problem, regardless. Thanks for the much appreciated feedback.

Which add-on is that? I have something where I can hold the ctrl key down and zoom way in but if it's an add-on I've long forgotten which one it is.

I love the hand painted look of this btw.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Which add-on is that? I have something where I can hold the ctrl key down and zoom way in but if it's an add-on I've long forgotten which one it is.

I love the hand painted look of this btw.
    It's a Firefox add-on called Image Zoom. When viewing an image in the browser, it shows the magnifying glass right away and will zoom in once on click, which is usually sufficient, but I believe there are other shortcuts for more functionality. And thank you for the support.

I agree it's a touch hard to read those labels on the darker colors, but what's really making them hard to read is where they overlap the black border-lines. If you like the colors of the countries (they do stand out well against each other) an alternative would be to add a thin white stroke to the labels - maybe only a couple of points wide. That would help the labels stand out without having to change the colors of the nations. I can't believe you've come up with all this history; such an interesting read and really brings the maps to life.

- Alizarinerose
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

Map

I've been in the process of relocating so I've taken a little break from posting on this mapping project (although I have the next three political maps done, only lacking labeling) and I thought it'd be nice to provide an updated and more finalized physical map to break up the monotony of all these historical blips. So, here is my prototype physical map for the world of Bhindraene. Thanks to many of you for the fabulous tips, tutorials, patterns, brushes, and other content that went in to finish this.

Name:	BhindraeneFinal.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	858.3 KB 
ID:	25419

I love the detail in this. Amazing work, bhanain! Duly repped.

-asp
    My current worldbuilding experiment(s):
    Geidor
    --------------------------------------------

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
    -W.B. Yeats

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast