Thread: Photorealistic maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I remember those fondly from my youth, before everything went digital. So if I were to want to buy 50 of those how much would it cost?

Compare that to MapTool = Free.
    Objects I've downloaded from the web = Free.
    Objects I've made myself = Free.

Not saying that is a viable alternative, but historically those "cling stick" packs didn't sell very well. I think I personally bought about 3 packs of them and used them a few times. I think most folks are going to go digital.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Info Actually I'm not considering it for a product

Actually I'm not considering it for a product - in reality, too expensive for practical use. Its just something I did for myself. I'm not arguing its viability vs. Maptool.

Again if you read my post above - I may one day get involved in VTT to actually play (right now I'm mostly concerned as a service company, not as a player/DM), but my gaming group, that I've played on and off over the last 20 years are pretty set in their ways.

They don't play anything other than D&D, they won't touch D20 modern, horror, or anything that's not generic fantasy medieval - they won't play Rokugan or Sci-Fi.

Should I broaden my horizons and find a more amiable group, perhaps, but I have little more time than the one day a week I play with them.

The point being they will NEVER use VTT or a PC in use for playing RPGs, that's just them.

So other than the chance to study VTT on my own for the concept and what I can do with it, I don't forsee actually using VTT for play anytime soon.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations