Thread: WIP: unnamed Earh-like planet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Woa, it looks super cool!

At last I get to have proper transformation boundaries. I like your model a lot.

I'm so excited to see my baby darling like this, it looks much more organic than I ever would have managed. I can't wait to get my hands on it to polish it off (visually, I wouldn't touch any of your work, it looks perfect). Since you made it so easy for me to do so, I will add the transformation bits to the divergent boundaries, heck, I might even stop being so lazy and do proper subduction triangles instead of circles. The color scheme hasn't convinced me for a while either, so I might come up with another and then add to the map a small area saying which color is what.

I can't thank you enough; I would have been stuck in this phase of the map forever.

If you are going to revise your tectonics too, perhaps it would be interesting (it would be for me) for you to post how your tectonic map was before you worked with G plates, to see how much of a difference it makes with one system or another, what do you think? I know working with G plates will probably make you apply changes that won't be comparable between the two versions of your tectonics, but still, I think it could be very interesting to see what changes g. plates leads you to.

EDIT: I'm also incredibly glad you could use my map to learn about g. plates, so you got something out of it too.
    Last edited by groovey; 06-28-2014 at 07:06 AM.