Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
That's… huge Looks brilliant from what I could see, unfortunately it's so big it won't load properly for me. Maybe resize to something like 33%? Viewing size should never be even close to work size anyway
Thank you Lingon, as i admire your work, i'd love to hear what you think, so i uploaded a smaller (though more pixellated) version. It's "only" ~ 5x3,5 k px now

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
It's looking fantastic, Abu. What size is the original, just out of interest (can't remember if you said earlier in the thread)?
Thanks a lot ChickPea! The original is ~10x7 k px

Quote Originally Posted by Troedel View Post
That will be very good. Shading will work, we have seen that and your lines are clean and sweet. Keep up!
Glad you like it so far Troedel! Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
This is looking awesome already, and you haven't even begun shading! There are some outright weird land shapes on that map, and they look very intriguing. Can't wait to see where this goes!
If I could give one minor remark (but I'm sure it's a matter of personal taste), maybe the parchment texture is a bit "strong", if you catch my meaning. Shading will probably alleviate that completely, but at the moment your linework seems to be overshadowed somewhat by the darker patches in your background. But like I said, just a minor point, and one that's purely personal AND will probably be fixed anyhow
Thanks Caenwyr! Glad you took the risk looking at those weird shapes You are totally right, the parchment texture's contrasts were pretty strong and indeed overshadowed the linework too much. I reworked the parchment to be more uniform in color (and a bit less desaturated) and added one layer of texture to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
I'm so glad to see you back Abu! In particular with this fantastic project !
The new additions are great. I kinda agree with Caenwyr concerning the paper texture, but I guess it won't necessarily be a problem, depending of how you'll add the other layers (shading, colors...). And it's a cool paper texture btw.
Hey Ilanthar, yeah i'm also glad to be back at mapping and in touch with this wonderful community. I really missed some wonderful works uploaded and discussed the last weeks (i see you're pretty productive again - or better still!) and i for sure have to take a closer look at what happened around here.

Here is the next upload with the reworked Parchment background. I think it's less irritating now.
Tarkir_WIP_XVI.jpg

Here is an upload in original size of the part i worked on yesterday: The southern mountains of the Jeskai Territory with the last of the 4 important Strongholds. The description from the "Planeswalker's Guide to Tarkir from the MtG Website (see below) sounded really cool, but i somewhat avoided drawing it before, as i thought it might not be the easiest task. In the end i was rather happy with the result, given i still have so much to learn regarding drawing things the way i want them to look.
"Cori Mountain Stronghold: This massive stronghold is constructed inside an ancient flooded caldera. An immense and well-preserved dragon skeleton surrounds the stronghold like a perimeter fence.
The symbol of the stronghold is a dragon, and its martial-arts tradition is based around the movements of a dragon. It's rumored that the soul of a dragon is contained in a mystical vessel buried deep beneath Cori Mountain."
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...t-1-2014-09-03

Tarkir Ausschnitt.jpg

Cheers,
AL