Thread: Bloodrock

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bloodrock

This map has a somewhat convoluted history. It briefly appeared in the October/November Lite Challenge, but was withdrawn for reasons I cover in the first post of the WIP thread - Bloodrock Revived.

The challenge specified a map of the underworld, so this is my take on the underworld - a place that to the 4 year old me existed beneath the thick glass panes of every pavement skylight, and probably extended through all the drains as far as they went in a giant underworld metropolis full of unusual land forms and tiny people.

The town itself is named Bloodrock - not for any other reason than that is the name I gave the main background texture.

All the textures used in this map were created in Genetica. The trees are composite renders of tree models done in Vue, and the houses are part of Profantasy's Campaign Cartographer City Designer symbol set. The map was drawn in Campaign Cartographer 3 Plus (CC3+).

A big thank you to all of you who helped me with this project, both 'on stage' in the two threads in which this map was developed, and by all the encouragement behind the scenes...

Enjoy

Bloodrock FINAL.JPG
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-22-2016 at 07:01 PM.