Okay! So... this was quite the hiatus! My last post was made just one day before our little one was born, and I never managed to pick it back up again. I didn't stop mapping however, but some other things had to be done first. Such as this map, I created to welcome our daughter in the world, and this one I did just to test some theories.

That latter one actually opened up a door in me somehow (or rather, it rattled it until it became unhinged, much like its owner ). While it started out as an experiment of something else, I eventually came to draw my mountains in an entirely new way! So new, and so fun to do, that I decided to give THIS map (I'm talking about this thread now) a reboot... while it actually already WAS a reboot.

No worries, I kept all the old layers, but I thought I'd explore this map from a different angle for a bit, and really dig down on the terrain detailing.

Aran_and_Ilan_detail_reboot_01.jpg

The ridgelines still have to be detailed quite a bit, and I still gotta add a ton of other mountain and hill ridges, but I'm quite pleased with where I am right now.

So. Which version do you like best? Do keep in mind that this new version will be shaded to really have the mountains jut out at you.

Have a great one!
Caenwyr