Here is one of a series of maps I am working on. Each map is part of a starship (designed for the Star Wars universe, but possibly applicable to other Sci-fi genres). I have planned out these maps where there are entrances in the same location on each side (so the maps can be placed end-to-end or side-by-side and the doorways will align). This allows our GM to make a generic starship how he sees fit. This really only works for larger ships, since smaller ships would have smaller rooms. My goal is to eventually generate 5+ sections: Medical Bay, Barracks, Command Bridge, Engineering, and a Detention Block (since we always seem to be breaking out of one or rescuing someone in one).

This one is the Medical Bay. The left section contains a bacta ward and a surgical suite. The middle section contains patient rooms and the medical monitoring station. The right section contains storage and the physician's office and living quarters.

Starship Section - Medical Bay 1.jpg

I'm having some trouble with this one because this is my "crossover" map. I began building it using MS Powerpoint and am finishing it using Gimp (now that I am more fluent with Gimp). I would appreciate any comments or criticisms. [I am also open to any ideas for starship sections (perhaps something you would like to see).]