Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New map!

Hey Mimine, and welcome to the Guild from me as well!

This is looking pretty great, you're definitely on the right track! I especially enjoy the ocean on this one - the pattern, the texture and the color look great together.

Others have already made some pretty good points, so I won't bother repeating them. I'd personally add that the size of the map seems quite large - maybe a little larger than is really necessary. Giving it a quick try in PS, it seems to me you could easily cut the size in half and still be able to see the details perfectly well.

Other than that, great work, keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more from you!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    Others have already made some pretty good points, so I won't bother repeating them. I'd personally add that the size of the map seems quite large - maybe a little larger than is really necessary. Giving it a quick try in PS, it seems to me you could easily cut the size in half and still be able to see the details perfectly well.

Other than that, great work, keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more from you!
    Thank you for the advice! I was actually wondering what was a good size. I wouldn't want something too small, neither too large, but I think you just set me on the right track!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

Quote Originally Posted by Mimine View Post
    Thank you for the advice! I was actually wondering what was a good size. I wouldn't want something too small, neither too large, but I think you just set me on the right track!
    I used to ponder on this myself back when I first started working digitally. I'd make these absolutely enormous maps (and I really mean enormous, at biggest they were like 100x200 cm at 400 dpi) that damn near broke my Photoshop every time I used any tool at all, until I discovered that unlike I had thought, the document doesn't actually have to be the size of a sheet in order to be readable...
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

I like it very much - the colours and the textures... especially the ocean and the border

Guild Member Facebook Connected Chris Lewis's Avatar

I really love the colors and textures you've used for the ocean and landmass, Mimine. This is a beautiful map. Thank you for sharing.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

Thank you everyone, I truly appreciate! <3
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12