Among the wonders of Arimel's Cave of Knowledge is the great library. So far, no book known to man, elf or dwarf has not been found in this labyrinth. Several works seem to be their last surviving copies. The amount of time that it took to assemble the collection is unknown but it must have far outlasted the life of a single elf.
Occasionally, as one peruses these works they may find signs of where the aged elf himself once read. Bookmarks by the thousands have been discovered, laying in the cobwebs or stuck between the pages of dusty tombs, each one unique in its own way. The places depicted in the bookmarks are a mystery to all. Few can actually be traced to regions in the known world, leaving one to wonder if these were just depictions of Arimel's imagination or regions from beyond time and space...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the past few weeks I have completed a few bookmarks that I would like to share. I have been using them to test different styles of doing mountains, coasts, and forests. Here are the first two sides and I hope to have another 4 sides to show by the end of the next week.
Bookmark 2.jpg
Bookmark 1.jpg

In these bookmarks I have been testing my ability to not use straightedges for borders (not sure if this was smart or not!) and a shade-less version of mountains that I was inspired to attempt after seeing Warlin's cartography in January.

Critique is welcome!