Thread: [Award Winner] Antique-style maps in Photoshop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quick Silly question... does anybody know how to get the sphereize effect with GIMP?

Quote Originally Posted by Notsonoble View Post
    Quick Silly question... does anybody know how to get the sphereize effect with GIMP?
    Filters -> Map -> Map to object (choose sphere). Apply lens is easier to handle though, so if you do not need the extra parameter from map to object just stick with apply lens.

One more thingie maybe. If you use Apply Lens or Map to Object (Sphere) results are better if you reduce your final spehre by about 50%. Which means you should start with twice the size you wanna have in the end.
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Info PDF Document for Tutorial

Hello, Ascension and All.

First of all, thank you for this wonderful tutorial. I look forward to using it it create an antique-style map.

Second, thanks to Steel General for creating the Word document of the tutorial. I appreciate your efforts in this regard.

I've created a PDF document of this tutorial (link below) and have included in it the discusion concerning Ocean Rings as well as the discussion cocerning Woodcut Ocean Rings.

I hope you'll enjoy the document.

Regards,

Gary

Antique Style Maps In PhotoShop.pdf
    In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.
    © May 29, 1980