Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Map The Caves of Chaos.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think we have to trust that people have mapped what they were given or it will be to much work to evaluate every entry .. I think most have, like myself, had a list next to them (or in a separate layer) with what was needed
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Artisan

Tough one. I don't know. I think that will be the interesting part of this though, how to vote. Does design, color and technique outweigh authenticity of the script? Is it a balance of both?

As the original map is blank as hell and the description is more concerned with the combat stats at least I will go for style and execution of the map. But thats for evdrybody to decide i think. Except Bogie says otherwise of course.

All I know is... there are a lot of fantastic entries! As usual, this challenge is going to be EXTREMELY hard to judge!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Guild Novice northerncartography's Avatar

This is going to sound like a total n00b question (because, well, it is) but how many votes do we get?
    “A map is the greatest of all epic poems. Its lines and colors show the realization of great dreams.”
    - Gilbert H. Grosvenor

Support me here, if you'd like: https://www.patreon.com/northerncartography

I don't know if Bogie is currently around to answer that one, and since I am and I know the answer....

You can vote for as many as you like by ticking the boxes that will appear at the top of the voting thread when Bogie sets it up. Or you can just vote for one and be done with it.

But be careful! Once you hit that 'Vote now' button, you can't take it back, so check three times over that you have voted for all the ones you want to vote for before you do it.

In anticipation of the next question - yes, you can vote for yourself as well if you like

EDIT: Also, be aware that the vote is public, and people will see what you voted for. That was a bit of a surprise the first time I ever voted on a challenge, but I'm used to it now
    Last edited by Mouse; 10-14-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Guild Novice northerncartography's Avatar

Thanks, Mouse! You anticipated correctly - I was curious about self voting - but wasn't going to ask
    “A map is the greatest of all epic poems. Its lines and colors show the realization of great dreams.”
    - Gilbert H. Grosvenor

Support me here, if you'd like: https://www.patreon.com/northerncartography

LOL! We've had hours of fun debating that point on other challenge threads. There's no right or wrong, just different cultures with different ideas. Brits, for instance, tend not to do it, but other cultures think we are completely mad for not doing it when not doing it might cost us the win - as has happened on occaision

Its entirely up to you if you do or you don't. No one will make you feel bad either way

Guild Artisan

Seriously? You can vote for yourself? Not sure how I feel about that. Never felt the urge to vote for mine. And just assumed you couldn't. Not that I have ever had to worry about that lol, there are always so many good ones to vote for.

It really is up to you if you do or you don't.

I really do feel for those who have lost by a single vote, and not voted for themselves, whereas the winner did vote for him or herself.

Its just one of those things that you have to decide for yourself

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast