Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Korobrom - The cradle of Dwarfkind

That's a damn big project! I'll definitely follow what you'll do with it. I like the colors a lot. Do you intend to put some kind of transition between the contour lines?

Really awesome Abu!! For me your maps always have a "rusted/warm" feeling that describe them perfectly! can't wait to see it finished!

This look awesome Abu, look forward to seeing it develop for years , love the topo and the type, nice start. I find it a little dark, but wait to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    That's a damn big project! I'll definitely follow what you'll do with it. I like the colors a lot. Do you intend to put some kind of transition between the contour lines?
    Thanks Ilanthar. In fact, i wanted to use the contour lines as marking the edges of "real" plateaus/strata of the landscape, not just abstract "height-lines" on the map, so there wont be any transitions except some stairs from one level to the other (hope that makes sense...)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Really awesome Abu!! For me your maps always have a "rusted/warm" feeling that describe them perfectly! can't wait to see it finished!
    Thank you Tom, glad i found the right tune

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    This look awesome Abu, look forward to seeing it develop for years , love the topo and the type, nice start. I find it a little dark, but wait to see.
    Hope it will be only months! Thank you snodsy, as i've written on another map before, you approving of the type makes me think: "yesss, one thing less to worry about"

Here is another update: It takes some time, but i got two more neighbourhoods done, yay! Bromdal and Fatargonia are the only densely populated quarters to come, the rest will work out comparably fast (i hope!)
    Korobrom_WIP_II.jpg
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

That's an interesting setting, it makes me think of favelas with their houses build on tricky terrain. Nice colors and a pretty huge amount of linework ahead so ... good luck with that I'm sure it'll be marvelous. Do you plan on adding some vegetation ?

By Abu Lafia
    Thanks Ilanthar. In fact, i wanted to use the contour lines as marking the edges of "real" plateaus/strata of the landscape, not just abstract "height-lines" on the map, so there wont be any transitions except some stairs from one level to the other (hope that makes sense...)
    Ah OK! It makes sense, indeed. A dwarfized landscape somehow .

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

*Taps foot impatiently*

Map is not territory...

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hahaha nice!

Being totally in "city-mode" atm, i stumbled once again over this rather ambitious project of mine and found that i haven't posted an update for quite some time. Don Diamond was already tapping his foot impatiently and now that i'm done "slicing the garlic", i thought it might be better for my kneecaps to deliver something The houses crawled over the hills to the other side of the island into the valley of Fatargonia and parts of Bromdal. As written above, the biggest part of the densely built living areas is done. I still haven't sketched out most of the major buildings, like the monasteries, the military harbour and ofc the cathedral and palace(s), but i hope the wonderful things happening in the Guild City Project atm will give me some inspiration for them.

Korobrom_WIP_III.jpg

Edit:
    @Thomrey: There will be some vegetation, but not much. The dwarves chopped a lot of the trees hundreds of years ago already I might "break up" that plateauish landscape in some areas to add some pastures and tiny bits of forests.
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 01-14-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    Map is not territory...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast