Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Urrath, West of the Sands

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    That is so cool for you, congrats! And that map is a really excellent book map.
    Thanks a lot Falconius

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Great map, Thomas. It'll look fantastic in the book (and the book sounds great too!) Congrats on the commission.

PS fixed the title for you.
    Many thanks Lady Pea !

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    Simple and attractive, I love it. The title looks a bit too clear to me, it could maybe use a bit blurring to blend into the backround more, but that is honestly the only thing I can nitpick about this. Amazing work!

Edit: Can't rep you right now, sorry...
    Thanks Kelleri and you're right, when I look back at it, a slight touch of grey would have helped make it pop more. No worries about the rep, the trunks are full these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Congratulations Thomas. What a great map to make your published debut with. I'm quite intrigued about the book. Some of the place names in the map conjure up in my mind a land that wouldn't seem alien around Persia and India.
    Thanks Straf You're right about the cultural influence, Persia and India are part of the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Congratulations on that commission Thom. Well executed map for a book. It does seem interesting, i should add it to my to read list .
    Thanks Rafal

Very nice map Thomas! And great that you can finally show it! I've still got some maps from summer 2016 (!) that I have to wait to finally share D:

It's nice how you've done the terrain, only drawing where it's necessary,but what I really like is the way you've done the woodland with those tiny trees. Don't know why, but that bit just looks very nice to me (:

Congratulations for your first published map! You've done a great job.

Congratulations on the publication and a beautiful b/w map Thomas! Make sure to share a picture of the printed version. It's always fascinating to see them in contrast. Looking forward to see more of the works you weren't allowed to share yet!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Congrats and nice job, Thomas! I love settings like this, and Redick's other series, Chathrand Voyage, was freaking amazing, so I'll for sure buy this one.

Congratulations Thomas, really awesome map. I am always drawn to the simplicity of a plain black and white map. You've really got all of the individual elements to match perfectly! Have some rep!

Edit: Aargh, it won't let me just yet, but I'll be back with it...
    Last edited by Tonquani; 02-25-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Congrats Thomas, and a fine looking piece! I dig that canyon.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Very nice map Thomas! And great that you can finally show it! I've still got some maps from summer 2016 (!) that I have to wait to finally share D:

It's nice how you've done the terrain, only drawing where it's necessary,but what I really like is the way you've done the woodland with those tiny trees. Don't know why, but that bit just looks very nice to me (:
    Thanks Daniel Holding back on showing your work can be pretty frustrating at times. The forested land is the only glimmer of hope in this burning hell, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    Congratulations for your first published map! You've done a great job.
    Grazie Signora

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Congratulations on the publication and a beautiful b/w map Thomas! Make sure to share a picture of the printed version. It's always fascinating to see them in contrast. Looking forward to see more of the works you weren't allowed to share yet!
    Thanks a lot Martin I'll make sur I do post the picture. About the unshowed yet maps, I guess you've already seen them (scandinavian setting)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Congrats and nice job, Thomas! I love settings like this, and Redick's other series, Chathrand Voyage, was freaking amazing, so I'll for sure buy this one.
    Thanks D. I hope the map will help the immersion in the story, you'll tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonquani View Post
    Congratulations Thomas, really awesome map. I am always drawn to the simplicity of a plain black and white map. You've really got all of the individual elements to match perfectly! Have some rep!

Edit: Aargh, it won't let me just yet, but I'll be back with it...
    Thanks Tonquani

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Congrats Thomas, and a fine looking piece! I dig that canyon.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Tad, and what a great choice of word

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Just got the book in the mail today, and the map looks FANTASTIC. Nice and legible and detailed, just how I like 'em. I've got maybe half a dozen books ahead of it in my queue, but I may skip down to it first...

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

That spear really gives this map that little extra something!

Sorry, can't rep you at the moment, Thomas.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast