Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *** November 2018 Challenge: Map a Story ***

I'm currently in the process of writing up a timeline for the world of my Pathfinder campaign. Is that enough of a "story" to count for the challenge?
    (I'm going to be making the map this month anyway)

Blog Entries

Oh, I'm actually tempted to enter this one. Although, of the two times I've entered a challenge in the past I struggled to even get halfway. :S

Many, many years ago when I first came up with my Vaniya land and was writing the (still unfinished ) novel, my mind wandered somewhat and I came up with another story based on another continent of the same world. I actually wrote quite a bit of this second story before it kind of died a death and remained in hard-drive hell. It actually benefitted from the fact I thought up a beginning, a middle and an end to the story. Most other ideas I have has the beginning and the end but I must admit I struggle with the bit inbetween.
    Anyway, this other continent is called Katawan and is supposed to be a much drier, arid land than Vaniya. I believe I made a very quick and basic sketch of the continent in an old, spiral-bound notebook in order to make sense of the journey the main character undertakes. If I can find it then it might just be time to finally give it some love and update it.

Already missing a week of potential work time is not ideal with my track record but if I can find the sketch then I will seriously consider having a crack at this.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

I hope you can find the time, Ramah. I'd love to see a new map from you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    I'm currently in the process of writing up a timeline for the world of my Pathfinder campaign. Is that enough of a "story" to count for the challenge?
    (I'm going to be making the map this month anyway)
    Yes! That's plenty of a story

Hey guys... I was wondering... Coming from a recent Lite challenge, I have in mind a map of Hogsmeade from the Harry Potter series I planned to illustrate before the end of the year. Do you think this would be an acceptable entry for this month's challenge ? It's not exactly a story, just a part of a well known world and book series, but it would be one more participation, and also a good motivation for me to draw this one quickly.
    What do you think ? Should I join, or just open a regular WIP thread ?

If the choice was up to me, I'd say yes - even if it broke the rules - just to get another Misty map

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

As long as it's not based off an existing Hogsmeade map and liable to get you into copyright trouble, I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Oh, I'm actually tempted to enter this one. Although, of the two times I've entered a challenge in the past I struggled to even get halfway. :S

Many, many years ago when I first came up with my Vaniya land and was writing the (still unfinished ) novel, my mind wandered somewhat and I came up with another story based on another continent of the same world. I actually wrote quite a bit of this second story before it kind of died a death and remained in hard-drive hell. It actually benefitted from the fact I thought up a beginning, a middle and an end to the story. Most other ideas I have has the beginning and the end but I must admit I struggle with the bit inbetween.
    Anyway, this other continent is called Katawan and is supposed to be a much drier, arid land than Vaniya. I believe I made a very quick and basic sketch of the continent in an old, spiral-bound notebook in order to make sense of the journey the main character undertakes. If I can find it then it might just be time to finally give it some love and update it.

Already missing a week of potential work time is not ideal with my track record but if I can find the sketch then I will seriously consider having a crack at this.
    I'll second CP, I would absolutely love to see new stuff from you. I really hope you'll be able to take part.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Oh, oh oh, oh oh I need to do a redo of my story's map actually, because I realized I missed quite a bit about the country this is perfect!

Very tempted to jump in on this but the map I want to do has a 38 year old copyright on it from an author that passed away a little over a year ago (Julian May), so I am uncertain about actually attempting it and risking a copyright infringement of some sort. Any thoughts, suggestions or advice?
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast