Thread: Hello

Default Hello

My name is Tom Clarke and I'm a relatively new GM who would like to learn to make fantasy maps, at least basic ones. So far having looked around it appears one needs a first class engineers license or qualifications as a rocket scientist to get anywhere... baffled much?

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFeathers View Post
    My name is Tom Clarke and I'm a relatively new GM who would like to learn to make fantasy maps, at least basic ones. So far having looked around it appears one needs a first class engineers license or qualifications as a rocket scientist to get anywhere... baffled much?
    *LOL*

Hi Tom, and welcome to the Guild. Don't worry, most of it really is just good old trial and error -- and patience. *grinds teeth* So... much... patience. You just try out new things in Photoshop or GIMP, and with some time and effort really just your imagination is the limit. And if you have questions: ask! We don't bite. Mostly.

Banned User

Hello Tom, welcome to the Guild! So are you a rocket scientist? We could use a good one around here

Hah! Not quite. 36 years as a Mainframe Systems Programmer tho so maybe.... Nah. Still too complicated from where I sit <VBG>

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

It appears that way at first glance, but dig a little deeper and you'll note that you just need a pen and something to draw on. Windows tend not to take ink to well but your kitchen cupboards would work in a pinch...

Welcome to the Guild and don't be afraid to get started... and share your stuff... a lot!

cheers
    Meshon

Well, that's what I've been doing, that and just grabbing JPG's everywhere and modifying the game to fit (and Yes, I know it isn't right but there's no money involved, just several friends playing a game).
    Ennywho, I was looking for an easier/better result method. Mebbe I'll find that here, or not....

Post hello

hey im new too. just rying to ge tmy five posts done.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aelous View Post
    hey im new too. just rying to ge tmy five posts done.
    Welcome to the Guild! You can even start your own thread and tell us a little about yourself