Thread: RAVENLOFT CASTLE map set is done.

Default RAVENLOFT CASTLE map set is done.

so ive finnished my first mapset. (Ravenloft Castle) and im about 20 images into my second pack, and planning 3rd, 4th, 5th etc.
    im working these new sets as the concepts come to me. id love to know what you guys and girls hanker for: so if youd like to weigh on on these.....
    the sets im creating ARE:

(1) species specific dragons lairs (swamps mountains forests etc) <------being ruffed out now
    (2) generic ravenloft and forgotten realms exteriors <------will be done very soon, next in fact.
    (3) cityscape rooftops and sewers non street level environs.
    (4) the outer planes (yes ALL 16 of them) (i might have to do the astral and sigil as well)
    (5) abberation lairs: beholders, ithilids, and aboleths oh my! <------ totally creepy, and a totally new look.
    (6) guild spaces: forges, scriptoriums, orchards, arcane sanctuaries, brothels and markets

Ravenloft Castle is up on dmsguild, but heres a coupla samples
    tremendious respect to mikey schley, whose icon set ive purchased and used.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cover sheet2.jpg 
Views:	876 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	84688   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QUALITY SAMPLE.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	84689  

Blog Entries

Hello Hagrid. These two maps are awefully good. I think you would do well making more map sets. We have a section on this guild where people request maps and you can take commissions. Some of the requests are for free maps, some are paid you just need to look through them and see if anything piques your interest.

hmm. thanks for your feedback man, i will certainly check those feeds. (very new to all of this)

i am already making more mapsets, and am about 25 images thru a generic wilderness encounter set. which i think i will release when i get to forty images.
    annnnd a bunch of strange outliers as listed above.

yup, beautiful set, very gamer-friendly!

I agree, these are very attractive indeed. I've never played Ravenloft so I can't offer any advice there. But lovely work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Wow! These are really nice looking maps! Great job on these!

First off, have some rep from me. These are pretty amazing...was admiring them when they went across Twitter a bit ago. Super nice. I've run the Expedition to Castle Ravenloft adventure book put out by WotC/Hasbro for 3.5. The maps in that book were borked(ish) but I managed to translate them to 1" square giant grid paper so we could play on them. Respect to anyone who can make Castle Ravenloft into a real place. Nice work.
    M

thank you ALL for your extremely kind comments.
    regarding making ravenloft 'work' theres a handfull of small errors that run thru the isometrics that have you contsantly double checking yourself when you lay the schematic for one floor over the ones beneath it.
    one of the main corridors changes length a couple of times, but the biggie is that southeast tower that plunges all the way to the crypts. i took the liberty of fixing it so that the maps, if overlaid will actually work. im not sure who will notice but a little OCD is not always a bad thing.