Thread: Full Color Test

Help Full Color Test

Here is a gouache and pen Map I recently did, trying a "full color" technique for the first time.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	84796

Ryusamasam, you map looks simply lovely, one of the prettier handdrawn maps ive seen lately.
    The color choise is nice , maybe allitle bit too glowy, and i think your settlements & cities get lost there.
    Good work , I expect seening more

Great job on this!

The colours are a bit too bright/neon for my taste (especially against the white background), but I really like the shapes of your landmasses, the overall composition, and the thick shading on the mountains. And those coastline waves are absolutely beautiful!

I don't know if you have plans to turn this into a digital map (or if you'd even want to), but I couldn't help but imagine what this would look like, laid over a nice waterstained parchment paper texture... I hope you don't mind (and I'll delete the image/example if you don't want it posted here) but my curiosity got the better of me, and I had to try it out and see:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ryusamasan (Full Color Test) digitized example.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	84804

I think it would look pretty awesome with something like this (especially finished up with a nice border)! And the bright colours look quite good against the light brown, and not so... intense.

Anyway, again great job, and I look forward to seeing more from you!

Tanks Hart

Thanks Neyjour...
    Yes I have noticed the "starkness" that the white paper happen to adds to the map, it's just the paper I had on hand that would hold up to the watercolor ...
    No I don't plan much for this map, as it was more a "test" or a "sample" map for later technique applications....

Hey nice work on this Ryusamasan. I really like the whimsical wave lines.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh