Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Atlantis city map

Default New Atlantis city map

Hi guilders !
    Here is my first city map attempt. Please be gentle and wish me to finish it.
    I want to draw the new Atlantis city map in a 19th century fashion. In the context of this alternative world, the Atlantide didn't sink under the water but its primitive capital was ruin by the flooding. Also the survivals decided to build another city much stronger and less near the sea, with the same geometry (see Platon description in the Critias).
    I'll try to adapt this setting with the contributions of the modern technology.
    Here is the first draft. Any suggestion is really welcome. Work to be done afraid me a bit.
    Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0786.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	89637  

Hey Warlin, i wondered if you're planning to make map of the city of Atlantis after your wonderful island map . This is a wonderful start and i really dig your general layout. The alternate story sounds interesting. During the "mythical place" challenge, i started doing an Atlantis map too, based on the measures in Platon's Critias. It was much fun and your work might ignite me to finish it. Looking forward to see this unfold.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Looking forward to this one, your maps are always so appealing. I had this as one of the maps in my to do list as well so I'll watch this one closely, I really like your take on it.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Hey Warlin, i wondered if you're planning to make map of the city of Atlantis after your wonderful island map . This is a wonderful start and i really dig your general layout. The alternate story sounds interesting. During the "mythical place" challenge, i started doing an Atlantis map too, based on the measures in Platon's Critias. It was much fun and your work might ignite me to finish it. Looking forward to see this unfold.
    Thanks Abu. This city map will be included in the previous Atlantide map which is still unfinished. Glad to see I'm not the only one to try to draw the city with the Platon's measures .

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Looking forward to this one, your maps are always so appealing. I had this as one of the maps in my to do list as well so I'll watch this one closely, I really like your take on it.
    There is some liberty with the 'historical' layout of the city. If you want to try a less fantastic style, some researcher seems to locate Atlantis in Spain, neer Sevilla in the parque nacionale de Donana...

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC View Post
    Looking good!
    Thanks AslanC.

Here is an update of this work, in the same style of my previous map.
    Any comments and critics really welcome.
    Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0839.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	290.7 KB 
ID:	89757  

I must confess it's a bit hard to me to visualize where the city stands... On the summits? Pretty sure it's gonna be more obvious later, though.
    And those caterpillar mountains are awesome again !

Man those caterpillar mountains are awesome!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I must confess it's a bit hard to me to visualize where the city stands... On the summits? Pretty sure it's gonna be more obvious later, though.
    And those caterpillar mountains are awesome again !
    The old city with agora and temples stands on the summit, in the first circle of the aqueduc. The major city, with the high density population and more modern stands between the canal and the two rivers, the ancien city below the acropole. I plane to had some agglomeration around this city heart.

Here is an update to show how it will look in the end.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0844.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	327.7 KB 
ID:	89804

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Man those caterpillar mountains are awesome!!!!!!
    Thanks Snodsy .

A very nice start Warlin and quite nice for your first city map too.
    And I agree, the caterpillar mountains look very fine. You are really working those nicely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast