Thread: Leaving So Soon?

Default Leaving So Soon?

Yeah, leaving after less than a week... combination of loss of software and a lesson in explaining clearly, and being more thorough has put a bad taste in my mouth... Probably not gonna be back, unless I find this in a few months as an account connected to my email...

- Raven.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah, leaving after less than a week... combination of loss of software and a lesson in explaining clearly, and being more thorough has put a bad taste in my mouth... Probably not gonna be back, unless I find this in a few months as an account connected to my email...

- Raven.
    Not sure what happened software wise to you, but I can tell you there's enough info and tutorials here that cover doing things with FREE software such as GIMP and Inkscape that you should still be able to map your stuff.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

No one becomes a perfect cartographer within a week. Like everything else you want to do good it needs dedication and a lot of training.

I can understand experiencing a setback, even a catastrophic one. I can understand taking a break from making maps, even attempting something new.

But to not come here and be inspired by all the art and all the artists and all the rest of this helpful, great, glorious community?

"Inconceivable!"

I'm sorry you're feeling that way, Raven. It's easy to become frustrated and discouraged by your results, especially when you look around at what others are doing. I feel that way pretty often. But it sounds like it's just been one thing on top of another for you recently, and it's worn you down. Maybe take a day or two away for a breather then see how you feel?

Will you be able to fix your software? If not, as Robbie says above, there are many free programs like Gimp and Inkscape. I use those for my mapping and they're very good.

I hope you'll reconsider your decision.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I know it's been a few days and I'm late to reply but one of the first things I tell people is, "don't give up". I was frustrated for much of my entire first year because I couldn't get into my computer what I could do on paper. Gradually it came until I was happy with my results....well, mostly anyway.

I do totally get having the wind knocked out of your sails by loosing software and work already completed or even in process. I've had to take a week off here and there because of that same feeling.

Anyway, hope you all the best and if you get back in the saddle again determined to win the battle we will all root for you.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt