Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castle of the Warrior Priests [for 3DVTT]

Map Castle of the Warrior Priests [for 3DVTT]

I was recently commissioned by Brendon from 3D Virtual Tabletop to make a sample map for demonstration purposes for the new release of 3DVTT.
    This would be that map. We've also been working on a number of tile sets for use in 3DVTT as well. So, if you use the app, look forward to more tiles soon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castle of The Warrior Priests by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	1512 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	86291

Absorbing. I could look at this each day and still find something I hadn't noticed before.

Nice work J.Edward

Wow, J. ! This is very different from your usual style. I like it! It has a fun, cartoon feel, but it's still elegant, and well defined. Nice work! But then, coming from you, how could it be anything but fantastic! lol
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Nice map J.Edward! I've always been a big fan of the cartoon type art and this one nails it!

This is gorgeous! The more I peer at it, the more detail I see. It's fantastic!

I know you're a super speedy drawer compared to us mere mortals, but can you say (broadly) how long it took you to create this? The linework is phenomenal and I can feel my hand cramping even just thinking about it!

Will rep if I can.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Great work John! What I find amazing is that this map is so well done that I can easily see what every room is for, even though there are no labels at all! Great job!

(Can't rep you right now, but you surely deserve some for this!)

-Dan

No one noticed here... but Thomrey did over on DA... there's a map in a map
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Absorbing. I could look at this each day and still find something I hadn't noticed before.

Nice work J.Edward
    Thanks Mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    Wow, J. ! This is very different from your usual style. I like it! It has a fun, cartoon feel, but it's still elegant, and well defined. Nice work! But then, coming from you, how could it be anything but fantastic! lol
    Thanks Storm I enjoy working in this style. It's really fun to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Nice map J.Edward! I've always been a big fan of the cartoon type art and this one nails it!
    Thanks Tnoy
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    This is gorgeous! The more I peer at it, the more detail I see. It's fantastic!

I know you're a super speedy drawer compared to us mere mortals, but can you say (broadly) how long it took you to create this? The linework is phenomenal and I can feel my hand cramping even just thinking about it!

Will rep if I can.
    Thanks CP I have to be fast - only way to make a living at this sort of gig.
    I think this one was maybe two days. But I did have to really race to do it in that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Great work John! What I find amazing is that this map is so well done that I can easily see what every room is for, even though there are no labels at all! Great job!

(Can't rep you right now, but you surely deserve some for this!)

-Dan
    Thanks Dan I try to get the feel right. I would prefer to label but it was not called for here.

OMG!!!! I didn't notice the second map before because I was looking at this map on my phone. How in the world were you able to draw such a tiny, but detailed map like that?!? Your.attention to detail is mind boggling!!!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Love the map John, thanks for sharing!

Great map with your usual high level of details! Always a pleasure to see one of your maps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast